When you use surrey-arg.org.uk (SARGWEB), we never collect any information, unless you choose to log in as a user or submit a sighting report.
SARGWEB complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
When you log in we record:
- Your IP address for security to identify foreign cyber attacks.
- Details of which version of web browser you used to improve the website.
- The date and time you last logged in, to manage timed access to sensitive web pages.
- Any data you explicitly provide to us for conservation purposes.
- Cookies are used soley to manage user authentication for access to sensitive web pages.
Where your data is stored
- We store your data on our secure server in the UK.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
- Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
- Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
- We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
- We won’t share your personal contact information with any other organisation without your explicit consent unless we are legaly obliged to do so.
- You may choose to provide us with conservation data including but not limited to survey and sighting data.
- As the data provider, you are the copyright owner of this data.
- By submitting conservation data you agree that SARG may use this data for conservation purposes.
- We may share some of this data with other organisations where there is a clear conservation benefit, but we will not pass on your personal details.
Links to other websites
- SARGWEB contains links to other websites.